Monday, May 20, 2013

Nailed It!

Okay here we go! Some of you may not know much about me so as we go along I will share a little bit with you here and there so that you know why I do what I do. I LOVE to have my nails painted. Both toes and fingers. I HATE when my toe nails are not painted so maybe one day out of the year they are naked because I didn't have time to paint them or something.If that happens you will NEVER see them because I hide them. I also love my finger nails painted but sometimes I do not have time to do it. I am very busy because I am the primary president, I work full time, and I am in grad school. I usually don't have time for anything extra but I try to leave time to paint my nails. That is sometimes my only relaxation for the week. I can watch something on netflix and paint my nails. Its my favorite! Anyways I want to show you how to do some fun stuff to your nails that make them look all fancy but it really doesn't take much time or talent. If I can do it anyone can! Its all about the...

TAPE
Step 1: Paint your first coat. . . .Make sure this color is the lighter of the two colors because you will paint over part of it later. This way of painting is a process so after you paint the first coat then let it dry for a few hours or over night is even better. The dryer it is the better!
 
I apologize already for my not so pretty hands and feet but I figure pictures help!

Step 2:  After a few hours add the tape. I didn't get pictures of this because once it is on you have to go quickly but here is what you do: Cut out strips of tape to what ever size of stripes you want. Then stick them on your nails. 

Step 3: Paint your nails again with the tape on. As you can see above on my nails I only painted two because that is where I want my designs. The most important part of this is that you have to take the tape back off while your nails are still WET! I learned this the hard way. I had seen this done on pinterest all the time but it never mentioned taking the tape off while the nail polish is wet. If you wait until it is dry it will just rip off the polish.


 Step 4: After you finish painting and ripping off the tape it is time to WAIT again. I have some awesome stuff that I put over top of my nails that is quick dry stuff to help it dry faster but you will still have to wait for a couple more hours if you want to add a top coat. If not you are done. Easy! (you may have to practice a couple times and don't get discouraged!)
Here are my toe nails today and I painted them last week. They still look great so it was worth the effort!
 Now it's your turn to try. Let me know how it goes and ask questions if you are confused.

If you want to try other stuff here are some pictures that I used tape for as well!






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment