Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Get the most out of your closet

.
Just an example of my organization problem:)


I learned once that people who have high anxiety like to shop because once you buy something it relieves anxiety. So I have anxiety issues so even grocery shopping is fun for me:) The other thing that helps relieve my anxiety is organization. At my house everything has a place and their is a place for everything.I may go a little overboard but it makes me feel better. I guess my organization is seeping into this blog so hopefully you are okay with it.

So this looks pretty scary because it is stuffed full but it is organized. On the right door I have an over the door shoe thing and on the left door I have a hat rack. I also have a rod for the bottom half of my closet for extra space. My closet is also color coordinated except for in the middle there where the arrow is pointing that is my shirt dresses and my new stuff so it has to be in a separate place. Once I have worn it once it goes with the other clothes. Right now I have a few fun new things I am saving for when work starts again. I didn't wear the clothes I got from the Nordstrom sale so that they can be my new "school clothes". Oh and my cardigans are on the bottom rod and shirts on top.That way I can pick a top and then a cardigan to go with it.

This is the rod. It is just from Walmart and it is really strong and it doubles my closet space which I really needed.



This is my hat rack that works perfect for scarfs. I love it because it doesn't take up space and I can see all my scarves.

I wouldn't be able to survive without my jean holder. I actually got this at Ross and I had the same one before until my kitty killed it by climbing up the side. It was only like $5 or something and they still have them after years and years:) Gotta love random Ross finds.

I love the rod because it splits up my clothes too. On one side I have my regular shirts and on the other are my shirt dress things that are longer.

This is were my gloves and tights are because I don't wear them very much so I pull them out when I need them and yes I may have a whole bin full or gloves. . .


Sock drawer
Undershirt drawer
My socks to wear with flats and oxfords

Perfect little spot

And there are my skirts. The only things not on black hangers are my skirts and dresses.
Okay so in this I have my workout clothes in the top three rows then my bras in the next and then belts in the next and some random random stuff at the bottom that I have no place for.
I hang up my cap sleeves that I use only for LAYERING not wearing by themselves. That is why they are away from my other clothes.

I also like to hang my clothes on my shoe thing. I pick a couple of things I haven't worn in a while to remind me to wear them again.

And the best part I can shut the door when I don't want to see anything!


The only thing I have problems with is organizing my sweats. They just drive me nuts because they don't fold well but who hangs up their sweats?


Fixed for now but soon they will be all messed up again.

And there it is. My closet. Love being organized and being able to see all my clothes so that I remember to wear them all:) Oh and everything has to be on black hangers.
So ladies if there is anyone out there that lives in a small house or has a small closet I hope this helps! If you ever need my help you know where to find me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment