Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Little Pink Box

Okay I am finally going to tell you about something I absolutely love! I always mean to talk about it but then I get busy or forget. Since I just got it in the mail a few minutes ago I thought I would share it with you while I am still all excited about it.

Have you ever heard of a Birchbox? If not I am going to tell you ALL about it. Birchbox is a little pink box you get in the mail every month! Its like getting a present every month even though I do pay for it. . . .I know it sounds weird but I will explain.. . .

I always know its gonna be a good day when I get this cute package in the mail!
Birchbox sends you a box of samples in the mail every month. You pay $10 a month and there is no contract so you can cancel whenever you want. I have been getting mine for at least 17 months but probably more and I don't plan on canceling anytime soon. The idea is that they want you to try the samples and then if you like something buy the full size version of it.

Everything about it is just so cute and I feel like it is definitely worth $10

When you sign up for Birchbox they have you fill out a profile that tells them what your hair, skin, and style is like. Each box is created unique to you. Because of my profile they know that I have crazy thick, course, curly hair so I get lots of fun hair products. They also know that I like perfume samples so I get one almost every month. It's great to get things you really want and will use.

It even comes boxed up all cute!

This is what I got today and I will definitely be using that shampoo and conditioner tonight! You can see I also got lip gloss, chapstick and perfume

How do you know what everything is and what to do with it? They tell you! They always send a card that explains what things are.


Of course there are times that I get things I know I wont use but I figure if I find one thing I like from each box then it is worth it to me. If there is stuff I wont use I give it away or I have a cute basket in my extra bathroom with stuff people can try or take when they use my bathroom (yes now you all want to come to my house right??). If you like trying new things then this is a great way to do it. There have been some amazing things in my box!

Here are some of my favorites. I couldn't get pictures of a lot of them because I used them all up and threw them away but here are a few to give you an idea.

This stuff is AMAZING! It is macadamia oil and it seems to do the same thing Moroccan oil does. It only takes a tiny amount so I have been using it for about 8 months and it is so good from my curly course hair.

More hair stuff that I love.

I use this chapstick and I don't know what I will do when it is gone. I guess I will actually have to by some because I don't know if I can live without it! I have had it for over a year though so it will probably be worth the prince when I have to buy it.

Okay this has to be the smartest thing ever. Why haven't I seen a mirror on all lip gloss? BEST. IDEA. EVER. Plus it is a nice tint and smells amazing.

My box of fun stuff I try out. On Saturdays or Sundays when I have extra time I pick something to try out.
A couple of other things I want to share about the boxes:
  • Do you like expensive perfume but don't buy it because you are poor like me? Well with my Birchbox I get free samples of all the fancy stuff. I have about 10 different kinds that I switch between right now.
  • If you aren't getting things you like you can change up your profile. After a year they also had me answer some questions about what I was liking and not liking about my box
  • Have I mentioned how much I love Birchbox?:)
 Try it out and let me know what you think

Go to their website http://www.birchbox.com/ and check it out. They have great tutorials and ideas and they started a box for men too. . . Pretty sure my husband would never care about that but its a fun idea. . .

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment