Tuesday, December 31, 2013

5 Minute Makeup



It's time for some make up! This is good for you busy moms that barely have 5 minutes for yourselves or if you are just lazy like me and don't want to wake up earlier! I will share my fun full make up another day. This is just a quicky!


The 5 minute makeup routine involves 4 steps but if you are really in a hurry then you can skip step 1 and 2. Step 3 and 4 can be done anywhere like waiting in the car for the kids or while the baby is down for a nap then you can take 5 minutes and do those two steps and move on to all that cleaning and good stuff. 



Step 1: The very first thing I always do in the morning is use a make up remover wipe. I just get the cheap Walmart ones. I have very sensitive skin but these work great for me. 
Cheap and works great!
Step 2: Put some face lotion on. It may not matter to you but I will explain later, in a different post, why it actually helps me with my makeup. Of course it is also good for your skin too:)

This is what I use every morning and again just from Walmart
Step 3: The good stuff! First put some eyeliner on that water line. Wondering what a water line is? Look below! P.S. The first picture below is me with NO makeup on. Not many people see that so you are lucky.
Putting eyeliner on your waterline really makes a difference to how you look. Check out the middle picture. Can you tell which eye has the eyeliner on it? Crazy how one little thing can do that right? I have to warn you though. When you first try out putting eyeliner on your waterline it may sting and you may be hating me but once you get used to it then it is a quick trick to make your eyes pop. When you try it out I would just put it on the bottom and try out the top part of your eye later once you have had some practice so that you don't hurt yourself to bad:)

Again just a Walmart pencil for me. I am a couponer so I wait until I see a coupon and buy whatever brand. It doesn't seem to make a difference what brand or anything. Cheap is best for this! If you have trouble with this whole waterline thing let me know and I will help you. It takes some getting used to. I have been doing it for years now so I don't think anything of it but I remember how it used to hurt and make my eyes water.


Step 4: Mascara

You can see on the right that mascara also helps you look better.
This is where you want to spend your money. MAC mascara is awesome. I didn't know that mascaras were really that different from each other until I tried this stuff. This stuff lasts forever and I wait until there is a mascara event at Nordstrom they do buy 2 get 1 free.
So there is your before and after

You could even keep eyeliner and mascara in your purse or diaper bag and when you have a second put it on.

Want more then 5 minute make up?I will post soon with more steps for those of you who have more time (my regular make up routine) and eventually I will post about my full make up routine (my routine when I am feeling extra ambitious)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment